Thursday, 21 April 2011

Shellac Manicure

Some time ago, I noticed that make up artist to the stars, Lisa Eldridge, had uploaded a new video to her amazing website featuring a demonstration of a new type of manicure called Shellac.


 
It is a gel based nail polish which is dried under a UV lamp and is said to last for up to 3 weeks chip-free on your hands and up to 5 weeks on your toes.
 
I received a voucher to try out a Shellac manicure and pedicure at Manhattan Nails in Princes Square in Glasgow.  They currently have about 24 beautiful shades to choose from. I decided to go for a classic red on my hands called 'Wildfire' and 'Decadence' on my tootsies.
 
To polish both my hands and feet, it took about 45 mins in total including the base coat, two coats of the colour itself and then a finishing top coat.
 
It is now two days since I had the Shellac polish applied and both my hands and feet are chip free and as shiny as when I left the salon.
 
'Wildfire'
'Decadence'
For more information on Shellac, visit Creative Nail Design (CND).
 
Manhattan Nails Glasgow, http://www.manhattannailsglasgow.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. Love the result of the this product! After a week my nails are still chip-free and exceptionally shiny! Would definitely recommend!

    ReplyDelete