Friday, 6 May 2011

Style Icon - Carine Roitfeld

I thought I would start a new feature to talk about my beacons of style and why I love them.

The term 'Style Icon' is so often used these days to describe any pretty girl in a nice dress but for me it's more about the attitude that they convey with their wardrobe choices.

For me, or should that be pour moi, former French Vogue editor and super stylist Carine Roitfeld is the epitome of chic. When I grow up - I want to be Carine...

I love that she defies every so-called 'style rule' about exactly what a 56 year old woman should wear, i.e short skirts, low cut tops and, dare I say it, sleeveless tops and dresses! She also has shoulder-length, poker straight hair and wears "too much" black khol eyeliner - and I love her for it...

She rocks Balmain, Rick Owens and Azzedine Alaia like no other possibly could and looks utterly amazing whilst doing so.

She is a true fashion muse and icon and I cannot wait to see what she does next and, more importantly, what she wears next. When you can count Tom Ford and Mario Testino among your best friends, you can rest assured it will be something utterly fabulous!


Photo by Mario Testino- courtesy of Carine Roitfeld (via http://www.bagsnob.com/)



http://www.thesatorialist.com/
(Photo: Hedi Slimane)

No comments:

Post a Comment