Thursday, 28 July 2011

Winter Wardrobe

The last few days in Glasgow have been unusually hot and sunny but this has not stopped me from creating my annual winter wish list as, before you know it, summer will be a distant memory and the sandals and summer dresses will be banished to the back of the wardrobe.

Winters in Scotland can last from pretty much September until May so it's definitely worth investing in pieces that will last well and go with a number of different outfits. First up on my list to keep me snug as a (stylish) bug in a rug is a coat from Barbour, available at my-wardrobe.com. The 100% arctic down feathers will make every day feel like a 'duvet day'! I definitely think it is worth the investment of £269 as Barbour are a brand famous for durability so it's sure to keep you warm for many winters to come.

Barbour £269 http://www.my-wardrobe.com/barbour/black-artic-down-faux-fur-hooded-parka-279998
An effective capsule wardrobe is all about items that will go with a number of different looks, that won't really date and, when you work out on cost-per-wear basis, it practically pays for itself. A pair of good boots that can be worn in all weather are essential if you live a climate similar to Scotland which is know for experiencing four seasons in one day.

I really like this pair of boots by Luxury Rebel Shoes, available at Shopbop.com. To be honest, a three and a half inch heel is about as low as I prepared to wear and the stacked heel on these boots will give more grip on icy or snowy days than my normal stilettos. They come in dark brown, a tan shade and black - all of which have a slightly worn in, vintage look so it won't be really noticeable once you've worn them lots. They come in at just over £100 so they will certainly be added to my basket.

I noticed in the latest episode of Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model, super stylist (and my favourite judge) Grace Woodward wearing this amazing wool sweater by Markus Lupfer with lips motif, available at http://www.net-a-porter.com/. I love the dark grey shade of the sweater with the pink sequins of the lips of supermodel of the moment Lara Stone. Just because it's winter, it doesn't mean that you can't be fashionable and cozy at the same time!

It's no secret that layering lots of thin layers keeps you warmer than one heavy item of clothing. For that reason, I'll be investing in some of these great cashmere v-neck tops by Enza Cost at http://www.shopbop.com/. The cashmere is certain to keep you warm and I also love how the sleeves are cuffed to come right down over your hands. This ash colour is the perfect neutral shade and it also comes in an equally useful dark charcoal colour. They will be perfect for teaming with my black leather shorts and some black opaque tights!



Hopefully this has give you a few ideas for your winter wardrobe but I'd love to hear what your essential items are that keep you cozy and chic in the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment