Sunday, 26 February 2012

Coral Wheel

One of my favourite things about the change of seasons is heading out of my dark and dreary wintry wardrobe and into the bright colours of the spring collections.

One of my favourite colours to wear is the orangy/pinky shade commonly known as coral.

I have this Topshop crepe wrap effect dress in black and it is so comfy and easy to wear not to mention really good value for money. I was delighted when I noticed a couple of weeks ago that they brought it out in in this bright coral colour and I snapped it up right away.

Crepe drape dress - Topshop £34 (www.topshop.com)
As much as I love bright pink, when you have extremely blonde hair like me, there is a danger that you can start looking a bit 'Barbie-like'. Anything in a shade of coral should be a blonde girls' best friend. Just look at how sensational Emma Stone looked at the 2010 Golden Globe Awards in this peachy/pink Calvin Klien Collection dress. It is one of my favourite Emma Stone moments, it was so simple but so effective.

Emma Stone wearing Calvin Klein at 2010 Golden Globes
Rochelle Wiseman of The Saturdays is also a big fan of the hue du jour and she looked amazing in this cute Lipsy short suit on a recent visit to LA.

Rochelle Wiseman in Lipsy
Jacket - £45 shorts - £32 - Lipsy (www.lipsy.co.uk)
For a jacket in a longer length than the cropped Lipsy version, look no further than Warehouse. The shorts and jacket look great together but both items will also look great with so many other items in your summer wardrobe. The jacket especially would look great with some white jeans or over a little floral summer dress.


Jacket - £60, shorts - £38 Warehoue (www.warehouse.co.uk

The Proenza Schouler PS1 bag is one of my favourite bags around at the moment. It comes in an amazing choice of colours and fabrics and I adore this pink coral version.

Proenza Schouler £1,440 Net-a-Porter (www.net-a-porter.com)
For a slightly cheaper alternative, this cute Florence Broadhurst for Kate Spade satchel is equally cute.

Kate Spade New Bond Street Florence - http://www.katespade.com/
Speaking of Kate Spade, I couldn't help but notice a couple of her amazing necklaces. Even with a simple top or blazer, the statement necklaces will ensure you get noticed.

Kate Spade $148 - Pipelime (www.piperlime.gap.com)
This slighly more cerise shade is gorgeous and would actually look great clashed with a slightly more tangerine shade of coral, either with a t-shirt, dress or blazer.

Kate Spade Neiman Marcus $278 (www.neimanmarcus.com)
Sticking with the jewellery theme, this gorgeous cocktail ring by Kenneth Jay Lane is beautiful. I have a similar ring by KJL and it always gets lots of compliments.

Kenneth Jay Lane £120 - Net-a-Porter (www.net-a-porter.com)
There are lots of platform slingbacks around at the moment and these luscious coral suede heels at Topshop are one of my fave pairs.


Topshop - £65 (www.topshop.com)
I am ever-so-slightly obsessed with nail polish and feel naked if my nails are not perfect. I love the shade Cute as a Button by Essie and came across a blog, http://www.sonidlo.com/ which is a must for anyone who loves nail polish as much as I do, and she has done a really beautiful effect with 4 Essie nail polishes, Cute as a Button, Haute as Hello, Tart Disco and Van D'Go. I really must splash out on the other three shades that I don't currently have and try this look out myself. Her blog is amazing and she has the most gorgeous, perfect nails and has some really beautiful nail effects that are easy to try yourself.

Photo - http://www.sonidlo.com/
Nail Polish - http://www.essie.com/
Coral is a really fun colour for clashing with similar shades so don't be afraid to see what colour suits you best as it is a colour that is guaranteed to make you feel super summery.

2 comments: