Thursday, 21 June 2012

It's Not You, It's Me....

A girls relationship with shoes is very much like the relationships we have with men. There are the pairs that look really good on but cause you huge amounts of pain, the ones that aren't at all practical but you can't resist trying on for size anyway and, of course, the pairs that lurk in the back of your wardrobe you look at now and say "what was I thinking?". And then there are those pairs that are comfortable, reliable and never let you down... okay, they aren't the best looking of shoes you've ever seen but you can't resist going back to them time and time again.

I'll happily admit that I have more shoes than I know what do with, or more accurately, than I know where to put (after all, we can unfortunately only wear one pair at a time) but I often find myself going back to the same few pairs over and over again.

One such pair of 'ever-reliables' are some simple, black suede ankle boots I got last winter from Topshop.



They are ridiculously comfortable and I can literally run around in them all day without having to think about my feet once! They were £65 and I've definitely had my money's worth out them but I feel like the time has come when should, hmmm - how can I put this, 'start seeing other people'....

I must admit eye has been wandering of late and I've been doing some serious flirting with some gorgeous, leopard, peep toe wedges from Zara.


Leopard wedge boots - Zara £69.99 (www.zara.com)


Fun, flirtatious and cheeky - my Topshop boots really didn't stand a chance did they...

Sometimes the best thing to do is admit your flaws and try and move on as best you can. What can I say? I guess shoe monogamy just ain't for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment