Friday, 11 January 2013

2013 Wish List - Part 2

So, I have been doing a lot of pondering about which other items I deem important and timeless enough to add to my wish list and that I know I will get so much wear (and joy) out of wearing.

As I mentioned in Part 1 of my 2013 wish list (Part 1), deciding upon the perfect bag to add to my wish list was proving a little difficult. There are so many amazingly beautiful bags that I would love to have at my disposal. But, in the end it came down to 2 heavy-weights in the world of delicious, love-forever bags; Chanel and Celine. I really couldn't decide which one I preferred so I figured I'd just add them both... a girl can dream afterall!

I featured the navy Celine Luggage tote at a fashion show I produced a couple of years ago and it is such a well-made, sturdy bag that will age very well and last for years and years. I love the camel version (seen here on the Modern Girl blog) and the light brown version (seen here on Atlantic Pacific blog).

Available instore at Frasers Glasgow


Also love the fact that the handle and zip look like a little face! :)

A Chanel bag is the epitome of a classic, chic, timeless, beyond-perfect bag. I have always wanted one so 2013 is going to be the year I start seriously saving for one.

I absolutely love so many of the Chanel bags, the 2.55 and Caviar are so beautiful but I think the kind that will suit me best is the 'Boy' bag. I love the modern simplicity of the shape and texture of the bag.

For some reason, I'm rarely drawn to black bags so it's maybe no surprise that it is actually more the light brown/nude version that I have fallen in love with!



I love the chunky chain strap and the almost pearlescent finish. The quilted detail is unmistakably Chanel but the piped border edging gives it a much more modern finish.

I also think it looks beautiful in the patent grey too (as seen here on Chouquette blog)...





I am absolutely dying for a pair of really amazing leather leggings. Obviously, I am hoping that as soon as I put them on, I will resemble current 'leather legging wearer of the year' Miranda Kerr.

Miranda Kerr looking smoking hot in her Helmut Lang leather leggings

In reality, I will more than likely end up like Ross Geller from Friends...

One of my favourite EVER episodes... "they're not comin' on man..." 

Nevertheless, I am willing to take the risk as I know I would get lots and lots of wear from them! These Helmut Lang leather leggings are just perfect and have been categorically added to my 2013 wish list!

Helmut Lang Leather leggings £745 available at Net-a-Porter (www.net-a-porter.com)


I wear a lot of bright colours, especially in the summer and think that brights work so well when teamed with other similar colours. This Theory orange biker jacket is just awesome and will work with so many looks in both summer and winter. The texture of the leather looks buttery soft and I love the relaxed yet fitted style of the jacket.

Theory Elenian Orange Biker Jacket £770 available at My-Wardrobe (www.my-wardrobe.com)


Gorgeous with prints and similar orange/coral shades! Beautiful...
Finally, I don't think any wish list would be complete without a little Hermes... Afterall, who doesn't dream about opening up one of those iconic orange boxes. The enamel bracelet in the signature Hermes orange shade is gorgeous and is definitely another timeless classic which won't ever go out of style...  


Hermes orange enamel bracelet £425 available at Hermes (www.hermes.com)
My wish list definitely ended up a little longer (and a LOT more expensive) than I had initially imagined - I guess I better get to work on setting up that savings account! Wish me luck... :-/

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment