Thursday, 17 January 2013

Neon Delight

At the risk of sounding like a blonde Barbie bimbo, I'm a little bit obsessed with all things pink just now!

Not just any shade of pink but specifically bright, neon pink! Any other shade just won't do just now... It doesn't matter if it's shoes, dresses, scarves, bags, lipstick or nail polish - if it's hot pink, - I love it!

I think my heart literally skipped a beat when I saw this Celine Luggage tote in the bright pink shade. I guess if you're going to spend all that money on a handbag then I would definitely want it to stand out from the crowd!

Celine Luggage tote is beyond perfect... 
I had to buy this pink shell top from H&M after meeting my friend Amanda who was wearing this top. (It's okay, I did ask her if she minded me copying her before I bought it...)


Photograph - Victoria Martin

Photograph - Victoria Martin

I've had it on so many times with black skinny jeans, black skirts and wet look leggings. I sometimes steal my sisters' grey and pink scarf and add my grey leather jacket to complete the look.

I fell in love with this Michael Kors dress when I saw Jennifer Lopez and Brooklyn Decker wearing it on the red carpet. It is just so show-stopping but yet so simple. In fact, I love it so much that I've been hunting everywhere for it... I keep hoping it will magically appear on ebay or The Outnet! I have a couple of weddings this year and think it would be perfect for that kind of occasion...



I used a pair of black and pink wedges from Office for a photoshoot last August and later on really wished that I had bought them at the time. Thankfully I didn't though as when I went to see if they were available a few months later they had gone into the sale and were down from £55 to just £15!! An absolute bargain and I've had them on so many times already... What I love about them is that they are really versatile as you can take the ankle strap off which is great for when I'm wearing them with black tights. They are really comfy too and are great for adding a pop of colour to an outfit.

Photograph - Victoria Martin

I'm not normally a fan of being too 'match-matchy' but I couldn't help but add this gorgeous W7 nail polish to match the wedge heel!

Photograph - Victoria Martin

Photograph - Victoria Martin


Another item I used in a photoshoot was this gorgeous fine knit sweater from the Limited Collection by Marks and Spencer. I paired it with some awesome blue printed trousers, again from the Limited Collection. It's such a great transitional little sweater that I really wish I'd bought it now...

The beautiful Natasha (Colours Agency) in last years Business Women Scotland fashion shoot
Photograph - Angela Stewart
I have a few pairs of pink jeans already from Zara and H&M but I'm on the lookout for some like these ones worn by Victoria's Secret beauty Izabel Goulart. They look amazing with the black t-shirt, heels, leather jacket and bag.


I'm loving all the amazing 80's pointy stiletto heels that are around just now. I just think there is something about them which instantly makes the wearer look really powerful and confident... and who doesn't want to be THAT woman?

These Jimmy Choo 'Anouk' heels are beautiful and show just the right amount of the all important 'toe-cleavage'!

Available at www.jimmychoo.com
These dresses, both available at My-Wardrobe (www.my-wardrobe.com) are just the perfect shade of pink and are simple enough that you can go wild with the accessories! They are both screaming out for a statement necklace in a contrasting colour.

DKNY short sleeve ruffle dress £270 available at My-Wardrobe (www.my-wardrobe.com)

Tibi sleeveless Neoprene Scuba dress £555 available at My-Wardrobe (www.mywardrobe.com)
Of course, it's not just shoes, dresses and bags that look amazing in this colour. Make-up is a perfect way to try out a trend if you don't want to invest too much money.

I've made an effort recently to start wearing more lipstick and have been wearing MAC Pink Nouveau and MAC Chatterbox but I definitely want to try a much brighter pink colour next such as MAC's Candy Yum Yum and Girl About Town. MAC really do have the best selection and quality of make up that I rarely shop anywhere else for lip, eye and cheek colour.

MAC Pink Nouveau Lipstick £14 available at MAC Stores and online (www.maccosmetics.co.uk)

MAC Chatterbox Lipstick £14 available at MAC Stores and online (www.maccosmetics.co.uk)

MAC Candy Yum Yum £14 available at MAC stores
The perfect pout in MAC Candy Yum Yum

I found this picture on Instagram so I'm not sure of the exact shade... maybe Quick Sizzle or Girl About Town?
Of course, no neon dream would be complete without a little interior magic. I would absolutely love a huge spare room with lots of space and light that I could turn into a fabulous dressing room/walk-in wardrobe and home office.


I love how bright, girly and over-the-top this open plan living space is and the couch would look amazing in my dream room, although perhaps in a completely self-indulgent chaise lounge rather than a couch. After all, deciding on the perfect outfit can sometimes be quite tiring and I'll definitely need somewhere to rest those Jimmy Choo-clad feet of mine...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment