Wednesday, 6 February 2013

The Perfect Clutch - Top 10

One of my favourite things in life is a really amazing clutch bag... that's probably quite sad to admit but I just love that they are so indulgent and impractical! Some people find them quite annoying due to the fact that you have to hold it all night long and really can't fit more in it than a phone, lipgloss and credit card but they really do make or break an outfit...

So I decided to compile a list of my top 10 clutch bags around just now!

The brighter the clutch the better as far as I'm concerned, especially if you wear a lot of black dresses like I do and like to break up the black with a pop of colour!

One of my favourite bright bags around just now is the iconic Lulu Guinness 'Lips' clutch in acid yellow snakeskin - what is not to love about that last sentence?!

Biba do a great range of bags, especially their evening ones. I love this delicate beaded clutch in this vivid shade of lime and yellow.

I'm also a huge fan of the entire Pied a Terre range, especially their bags! I have the 'Palermo' clutch in white just now but I also love it in this acid lime green shade.

Acid Yellow Snakeskin Clutch by Lulu Guinness £295 (www.luluguinness.com)

Biba £135 (www.houseoffraser.co.uk)

'Palermo' clutch by Pied a Terre at House of Fraser £99 (www.houseoffraser.co.uk)

Orange and coral shades are definitely my go-to colours for every Spring/Summer season. I love this beaded clutch by Mango in soft pastel shades and the bright orange pleated clutch by Karen Millen is the perfect evening bag. Oh, and I just looooooove this luscious glossy coral Stella McCartney clutch too...  just perfect!

Tribal style bag £69.99 by Mango (www.mango.com)

Pleated satin clutch by Karen Millen £99 (www.karenmillen.co.uk)

Stella McCartney at Matches £495 (www.matchesfashion.com)

For a more classic, wear with everything, every season kinda clutch then you can't go wrong with a beautiful, show-stopping nude clutch. I spotted this amazing spiked Christian Louboutin clutch in Frasers Glasgow a couple of weeks ago! It is simply stunning... The satin, woven box clutch is unmistakably Bottega Veneta and will never go out of style. Definitely two "investment" clutches.

Christian Louboutin clutch £875 available at Matches (www.matchesfashion.com)
Bottega Veneta £990 available at Matches (www.matchesfashion.com)

I'm a huge fan of Anya Hindmarch bags and the Valerie glitter bags are ridiculously beautiful. I've used them for a few photoshoots recently and they are even more perfect in real life. I love the midnight blue sparkly version which has shades of blue, black, silver, turquoise and purple through it - just beautiful!

Anya Hindmarch Valerie clutch £350 available at Matches
(www.matchesfashion.com)

I have a grey leather clutch which I picked up in Republic a few years ago. I love the toughness of it and it just gives an outfit a little bit of edge if it's looking a little too pretty or girlie, perfect if you're going for more of a 'rock chick' vibe. This House of Harlow grey snakeskin 'Lara' clutch is definitely on my wishlist - AND it's half price just now at Oxygen Boutique (www.oxygenboutique.com).

Lara bag by House of Harlow £125 available at Oxygen Boutique  (www.oxygenboutique.com).

With so many beautiful clutches around, it's just a shame that you can only use one at a time... :(

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment