Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Lime Love Affair

This summer, I decided that I was getting a bit lazy with my style and felt that I was wearing the same things over and over again. I think we've all at some point started at a wardrobe crammed full of clothes and thought "I'VE GOT NOTHING TO WEAR!" 

So, I decided that I would start photographing (badly) what I was wearing each day and post the pictures on my Instagram account (@victoriamartinstyle) and on my Facebook page (Victoria Martin Style) to see how long I could go without repeating the same outfit. Afterall, I do like a challenge that forces me to be more creative...

I started on the 9th July and it has actually been really beneficial as it helped me identity gaps in my wardrobe, for example I noticed that I needed more plain tops in order to get more wear from skirts and trousers that I already have. It has also helped me see what items I get the most wear out of too. And I knew that I wore quite a lot of colour but looking back through the pictures I've realised that I wear a LOT of colour!

I have pretty much lived in neon shades over the last few months and one of my favourite bright shades is lime/chartreuse. I think it looks great teamed with other bright shades such as orange, royal blue and purple and I can't resist throwing in a little hint of leopard print too...



What I wore - 12th September 2013
Top - French Connection (www.frenchconnection.com)
Jeans - H&M (www.HM.com)
Leopard print heels - Carvela 
Cuff - £20 MyMillyMoo (www.mymillymoo.com) 
Necklace - Topshop


What I wore - 6th September 2013
Shirt - Forever21
Jeans - Zara (www.zara.com)
Purple heels - Zara


What I wore - 28th August 2013
Lime top - River Island (similar by Whistles - www.asos.com)
Blue jeans - H&M
Tan heels - Office
Blue necklace - Forever21


What I wore - 15th August 2013
Lime swallow print shirt - Zara
Black jeans - H&M (www.HM.com)
T-bar wedges - Zara 


What I wore - 16th August 2013
Blue v-neck top - Topshop (www.topshop.com)
Skirt - ASOS (www.asos.com)
Blue necklace - shop in Dubai
Lime cuff - MyMillyMoo (www.mymillymoo.com)


What I wore - 18th August 2013
Top - River Island (similar by Whistles - www.asos.com)
Black tube skirt - Topshop (www.topshop.com)
Necklace - Topshop
Leopard print heels - Carvela

So now the challenge is try and incorporate my favourite colours and items of clothing into my winter wardrobe. Because I know I get plenty of wear out of lime pieces, I may be tempted to purchase a few few new items too. These are some of my favourites...



Skirt - Topshop £20 (www.topshop.com)


I love, love, LOVE a pencil skirt and this tube skirt by Topshop is such a gorgeous colour. I think it will look great teamed with this black jacket from Zara.



Black jacket - Zara £69.99 (www.zara.com)

I love this coat/cardigan mix, (AKA - the 'coatigan') and is great for wearing with mini skirts and tights! 


Coatigan - ASOS £65 (www.asos.com)

I have these Topshop Boutique heels in pink snakeskin and I love this version in the lime with the silver heel!



Heels - Topshop £90 (www.topshop.com)

And, as I mentioned earlier, I think a little leopard print looks fab with anything lime and I absolutely ADORE these Kurt Geiger heels.


Britton heels - Kurt Geiger £295 (www.kurtgeiger.com)

And, should I win the lottery, these Manolo's are definitely coming home with me...


BB heels - Manolo Blahnik £395 (www.neimanmarcus.com)

As you can see, I'm never one to shy away from a statement necklace and I love both of these fab necklaces by MyMillyMoo.




Precious in Pink necklace - MyMillyMoo £24 (www.mymillymoo.com)

I'm always telling my personal styling clients that they aren't allowed to buy any new item unless they can wear it with at least 3 other items that they already have in their wardrobe so my style challenge has definitely made sure that I practice what I preach!


No comments:

Post a Comment