Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Christmas Gift Guide

Unusually, I'm feeling quite organised (and therefore a little smug) with my Christmas shopping this year. Granted, I still have THREE Christmas trees to decorate but one thing at a time...

On my own Christmas shopping travels, I spotted quite a few things that I know would be perfect for other people so I've put together a little Christmas Gift Guide in case you are still struggling for some inspired ideas for any fabulous ladies in your life.

For me, the perfect Christmas present should be something that you know a person will love but would never justify buying for themselves. That is why this Finds + Charlotte Simone Bon Bon shearling bag is the first item on my Gift Guide. Yes, it is pretty impractical but then again, do you think Carrie Bradshaw would ever consider practicality when it comes to fashion? Hell no!


Finds + Charlotte Simone Bon Bon Shearling Bag - £150 Net-a-Porter

Cheaper but definitely still cheerful is this blue fluffy version by River Island for £30!

Blue Fluffy Bag £30 River Island

For a little stocking filler, you really can't go wrong with mascara. Every girl needs lashings of mascara over the festive period so a super lengthener will keep her fluttering her lashes well into the New Year. I have tried just about every mascara on the market but my absolute favourite is 'Perversion' by Urban Decay. I've even converted my mum and she is notoriously fussy when it comes to mascara.

Urban Decay 'Perversion' Mascara - £17 Debenhams

If you have been a lot better behaved this year than I have then it can't do any harm to ask Santa for these oh, so glorious, Giuseppe Zanotti gold sandals. They really are absolutely perfect and I fully expect you to let me borrow them if you wake up to these little beauties on Christmas morning.

Giuseppe Zanotti 'Andrea' £475 Giuseppe Zanotti

Never one to wait 'til Christmas for a new pair of shoes, I treated myself to these leopard print heels from Office a couple of weeks ago and have had lots of wear from them already. They are great day-to-night shoes and look as good with jeans and a t-shirt as they do with a leather pencil skirt and shirt. There is currenlty £20 off them (how annoying for me!) but they would make the perfect present for any high heel lovers in your life.

'Shout Out' Leopard Print heels £45.50 Office

I've got so many pieces from online fashion jewellery store MyMillyMoo and this 'Nina' Double up ring is definitely on my wish list this Christmas this year.

'Nina' Double Up Ring £21 MyMillyMoo

Speaking of jewellery, my gorgeous friend Jayne bought me the cutest Marc by Marc Jacobs bangle for my birthday a couple of months ago and I just love this sweet little range.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Enamel Disc Bracelet £45 Harvey Nichols

Marc by Marc Jacobs Enamel Bracelet £45 Harvey Nichols

If candles are her 'thing' then she will absolutely adore any Jo Malone candle. My current favourite is the Velet Rose and Oud scented candle. They also do this same scent as a perfume so I think I may need to treat myself to it soon if my letter to Santa gets lost in the North Pole post.

Velvet Rose & Oud Scented Candle £48 Jo Malone
Velvet Rose & Oud Cologne Intense £100 Jo Malone

Easily the best Christmas present I received last year (thank you mum) was my Clarisonic Mia 2 Cleansing System. I wondered if it could really live up to all of the hype and deliver amazing results but I couldn't live without it now. I am a self confessed beauty junkie and this is definitely my number 1 must-have beauty routine item. It is currently on sale in Debenhams with 10% off and, considering I use it every day, it actually has been great value for money.

Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing System £112.50 Debenhams

While we're on the subject actually, one tip I would give you if you're lucky enough to receive a Clarisonic cleanser for Christmas is to start using it in the New Year after all your celebrating. I started using mine as soon as I got it on Christmas Day and I had a lovely breakout just in time for New Year! Not ideal for any Hogmanay selfies.

If all else fails, a nice spa day makes a lovely present and will give her something to look forward to in dark and gloomy January. My favourite spa in Glasgow City Centre is definitely The Blythswood who have the most amazingly relaxing spa. I ususally go for the Twilight Thermal Experience which is 3 hour evening access to the saunas, steam rooms and the hydro pool. It costs £45 per person and will leave you thoroughly relaxed... But, if you're anything like me, quite hungry and thirsty so make sure to leave enough time to head upstairs to The Salon for a post-spa nibble and cocktail.

The Spa at The Blythswood Hotel Glasgow



Of course, if you want to give someone the gift that keeps on giving and will ensure wardrobe meltdowns need never happen again, then you need to enlist the help of a personal stylist... like me! My vouchers always make popular presents at Christmas and I'm currently running a special offer on gift vouchers. Any half day service is now £150 (instead of £200) and any full day service is just £225 (normally £300). All the information can be found on my wesbite, www.victoriamartinstyle.com. :)

www.victoriamartinstyle.com

So there really is NO EXCUSE for giving someone anything other than a fabulous present this Christmas.

Happy shopping!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment